Wednesday, September 10, 2008


This is a little late getting posted but it is Lexi's first day of 2nd grade. Notice Kamrie in the background in her lovely panties. It was a rough morning getting up early for all of us and she wasn't quite dressed yet. The entire day she kept asking when Lexi was coming home and crying saying, "I just want my sister!" They have really become good little buddies which makes me so happy. I was really worried that because they are over 4 years apart that they wouldn't be as close as my sister and I were. But luckily so far they are really content to play with each other and have loads of fun singing and dancing in the basement every day. Alexis just decided that she is a rock star lately. I sit up stairs and listen to her singing her little heart out to Radio Disney songs on her Karaoke machine. The other night at the end of one of the songs I heard her say, "Thank you, thank you very much. You have been a wonderful audience." Tereck and I just busted up laughing. She is quite the little performer. We started another fun year of dance yesterday. I'm a terrible mother! I thought I could get her off the bus, dressed, go pick up her friend Austyn and be across town in 30 minutes. Well let's say that they were about 10 minutes late for their first day, she couldn't find her ballet shoes, and I forgot to pull her hair back!!! Sooo we will try harder on Thursday. She is on the competition team again and is doing 2 hours worth on Tuesday and Thursday. Ballet, Jazz, Hip-Hop and Gymnastics. Last year we didn't do the jazz but this year she really wanted to do it again. Luckily I have a car pool thing going so I just have to drop the kids off and then we can head home! She is really good at dance and it already her passion. I decided to wait another year to put Kamrie in. I started Lex when she was 5 and I think that was plenty early enough. Plus, her dance would have been on Wednesday's and I didn't think I could handle going clear across town 3 times week. The studio isn't exactly close to us but it is one of my friends places and they are really good. Oh well, the things we do for our kiddos. Well I've rambled on enough for one morning. Life is good and crazy just the way we like it here!

6 comments:

Jonna said...

Boy...did that post ever bring back memories! If your girls have your singing talent, they are mighty lucky.

Lester Family said...

Lexi is such a talented girl. Let us know when she's dancing so we can come watch. And if she has half your singing talent---watch out American Idol.

Malisa said...

She is so adorbale. She sounds so much like my girls with the singing and dancing. When we bought a coffee table for our living room, it turned into a stage and still gets used more as a stage than a table. Girls are so much fun with the singing and dancing.

Chelsea said...

So, she likes to sing and perform huh? I wonder where she got that from. She sounds a lot like her mama! I wish that we lived closer so that we could see her. You'll have to upload some video so we can watch it. She seems like a sweet girl. You are a great mom! you're right. The things we do for our kids....

Brooke said...

I still remember when you and Haley sang "Rocky Top Tennessee" or something like that one year at the fair. Britt and I LOVED it and we always tried to be like you guys. Your family is so cute. And I love Gymboree too! WAY cute stuff. It's a dangerous place...and we live way to close to it! Ha ha

Brittany said...

Lindsey,
This is Brittany (Matthews)Sheets, just wanted to say Howdy! Your family is so adorable! So glad I found your blog!